There is a hard cap of 24bn XRD:
- 12bn of this XRD is emitted over 40 years as network emission rewards (300m per year);
- 2.4bn is reserved for future stablecoins on Radix;
- 4.41bn started life as eXRD;
- 2.79bn is held by the Radix Foundation to support the Radix Ecosystem;
- 2.4bn is held by Radix DLT to fund development.
All eXRD* and the XRD held by Radix entities is subject to Radix’s price-based unlocking system; this means that 99% of this portion of XRD supply starts out locked, and only if certain price thresholds are met do additional tranches get unlocked. Price-based unlocking is common throughout traditional finance as a means of aligning everyone’s incentives.
Full details can be found in the Radix Economics Whitepaper.
*with the exception of 200m eXRD provided as liquidity incentives for 6 months, starting November 2020, and 10m eXRD that were allocated to marketing activity for the token launch.